24-2. INTERMEDIATE DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR (CONT)
(54) Install oil seal (52) on differential carrier (14).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep
away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(55) Install yoke seal (53) in output yoke (54).
(56) Apply adhesive sealant to threads of self-locking nut
(57) Position output yoke (54) on inter-axle slide gear (49)
with self-locking nut (55).
(58) Position inter-axle nest assembly (56) in differential
(59) Position helical drive gear (57) and thrust washer (58) on
differential carrier (14) with match marks aligned to
helical driven gear (59).