B. Ring Gear Backlash:
(1) Attach dial indicator on the mounting flange on
differential carrier (1).
(2) Adjust the dial indicator so plunger is against tooth
surface of ring gear (2).
(3) Adjust the dial indicator to zero.
(4) Rotate ring gear (2) a small amount in both directions.
Dial indicator should read between 0.008-0.018 in.
Perform step (5) if backlash reading is less
than 0.008 in. (0.020 cm).
(5) Loosen adjusting ring (3) on back side of hub body (4)
and tighten adjusting ring facing the ring gear (5) to