24-2. INTERMEDIATE DIFFERENTIAL REPAIR (CONT)
(35) Install bearing cone (34) on housing (32).
(36) Install two bearing cups (35) on ring gear (20) and
(37) Install ring gear (20) in differential carrier (14).
(38) Install two adjusting rings (36) on differential carrier (14).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep
away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(39) Apply four or five drops of adhesive sealant to threads of
four screws (37).
Bearing caps and carrier legs are matched, use
bearing cap match marked to carrier leg.
(40) Position two bearing caps (38) on differential carrier (14)
with four washers (39) and screws (37).
(41) Tighten screws (37) to 132-169 lb-ft (179-229 N·m).