10-7. REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Left and right side spring mounts and
brackets are installed the same way. Right
(1) Install bracket (1) on rear axle assembly (2) with two
bolts (3) and self-locking nuts (3.1).
(2) Tighten self-locking nuts (3.1) to 22-26 lb-ft (29-35 N·m).
(3) Install pin (3.2) in rear axle assembly (2).
(4) Position spring mount (3.3) on rear axle assembly (2)
and pin (1).
(5) Perform steps (1) through (4) on left side spring mount
Rear axle assembly weighs approximately
must 1580 lbs (717 kgs).
assembly must be supported on a
installation. Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel or damage to
(5.1) Position transmission/differential lift under rear axle
(5.2) Install transmission/differential lift to rear axle assembly
(2) with chain.
Step (5.3) requires the aid of two assistants.
(5.3) Install rear axle assembly (2) under vehicle.