Rear axle assembly weighs approximately
1580 lbs (717 kgs). Rear axle assembly
must be supported on a transmission/
differential lift during removal. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel
or damage to equipment.
(45) Position transmission/differential lift under rear axle
assembly (14) and secure with chain.
Left and right side lower shock absorber
mounts are removed the same way. Right
(46) Remove four bolts (51), washers (52), and lower shock
absorber mount (10) from rear axle assembly (14).
(47) Remove pin (53) from rear axle assembly (14).
(48) Perform steps (45) and (46) on left side lower shock
Left and right side springs are removed the
same way. Right side shown.
(49) Remove four bolts (54) from spring (55).
(50) Perform step (49) on left side spring.