10-7. REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Left and right side lower shock absorber
mounts are installed the same way. Right
(13) Install pin (13) on rear axle assembly (2).
(14) Position lower shock absorber mount (14) on rear axle
assembly (2) with four washers (15) and bolts (16).
(15) Tighten four bolts (15) to 284-343 lb-ft (385-465 N·m).
(16) Perform steps (13) through (15) on left side lower shock
(17) Remove transmission/differential lift from under vehicle.
damage your eyes. Wear safety goggles
when using; avoid contact with eyes. If
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with
attention. Failure to comply may result in
injury to personnel.
(18) Apply sealing compound to threads of 45-degree fitting
(19) Install 45-degree fitting (17) in rear axle assembly (2).
(20) Install rear axle breather hose (18) on 45-degree fitting