17-3. M1090/M1094 FOUR-WAY RELIEF VALVE REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Hydraulic oil temperature must be 145-155 F
(63-68 C) prior to performing troubleshooting
Failure to comply may result in
inaccurate test results.
Holding DUMP BED UP/DOWN switch in the UP
position will force hydraulic oil through relief
valve and cause oil temperature to rise.
Measure hydraulic oil temperature near bottom
of hydraulic reservoir.
Steps (16) through (24) require the aid of an
(16) Press and hold DUMP BED UP/DOWN switch in UP
position until hydraulic oil temperature reaches 145-155
F (63-68 C).
hydraulic oil reaches operating temperature.
Use caution when handling hydraulic
components. Wear gloves or use rags to
hold metal objects. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
(17) Perform STE/ICE-R test #51 (TM 9-4910-571-12&P).
(18) Observe pressure reading of 2475-2525 psi (17065-
(19) If pressure is incorrect, loosen lock nut (12) on relief
valve adjusting screw (13).
(20) Turn relief valve adjusting screw (13) counterclockwise
to lower pressure, clockwise to raise pressure.
Hold relief valve adjusting screw while
tightening lock nut.
(21) Tighten lock nut (12) on relief valve adjusting screw (13).