17-3. M1090/M1094 FOUR-WAY RELIEF VALVE REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Hydraulic oil temperature must be 145-155
troubleshooting checks. Failure to comply
may result in inaccurate test results.
Holding DUMP BED UP/DOWN switch in the
DOWN position will force hydraulic oil through
relief valve and cause oil temperature to rise.
Measure hydraulic oil temperature near bottom
of hydraulic reservoir.
Steps (13) through (21) require the aid of an
(13) Press and hold DUMP BED UP/DOWN switch to the
DOWN position until hydraulic oil temperature reaches
145-155 F (63-68 C).
hydraulic oil reaches operating temperature.
Use caution when handling hydraulic
components. Wear gloves or use rags to
hold metal objects. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
(14) Perform STE/ICE-R test #51 (TM 9-4910-571-12&P).
(15) Observe pressure reading of 325-375 psi (2241-2586
(16) If pressure is incorrect, loosen lock nut (8) on pressure
reducing valve adjusting screw (9).
(17) Turn pressure reducing valve adjusting screw (9)
counterclockwise to lower pressure, clockwise to raise
Hold pressure reducing valve adjusting screw
while tightening lock nut.
(18) Tighten lock nut (8) on pressure reducing valve adjusting