10-3. REAR AXLE BOGIE REPAIR (CONT)
It may be necessary to raise or lower axles to
align holes in housing with spring.
(22) Position spring holder (17) on spring (18) with two U-
bolts (19), four washers (20), and self-locking nuts (21).
(23) Tighten four self-locking nuts (21) to 200 lb-ft (271 N·m),
in sequence shown.
(24) Re-tighten four self-locking nuts (21), in increments of 50
lb-ft (67 N·m), to 390-510 lb-ft (529-692 N·m) in
(25) Fill housing (10) with lubricating gear oil.
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep
away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(26) Apply teflon pipe sealant to threads of bolt (22) and plug
(27) Position bolt (22) in housing (10).
(28) Tighten bolt (22) to 22-26 lb-ft (30-35 N·m).
(29) Install plug (23) in cover (14).
(30) Remove trestles from vehicle.