Rear axle bogie components have very close
It may be necessary to seat
housing on shaft with a deadblow hammer
prior to tightening screws.
(10) Tighten three screws (13) to 150 lb-ft (203 N·m).
Acceptable bearing backlash is 0.002-0.012 in.
(0.05-0.30 mm). Failure to achieve acceptable
bearing backlash may result in damage to
Housing must rotate by hand without binding.
Failure to comply may result in damage to
Use two pry bars to move housing on shaft
when measuring bearing backlash.
Record bearing backlash measurement.
(11) Measure bearing backlash from frame rail (16) to front
side of housing (10).
(12) Remove three screws (13) and mounting plate (12) from
Perform steps (13) through (15) if bearing
backlash measurement was not 0.002-0.012
in. (0.05-0.30 mm).
(13) Remove bearing cone (11) from shaft (2).
(14) Add or remove ring spacers (8) as required to obtain
bearing backlash measurement of 0.002-0.012 in. (0.05-
(15) Install bearing cone (11) on shaft (2).