16-59. M1089 EIGHT-BANK VALVE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Adhesive Sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes.
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
All bottom directional valve bodies are
assembled the same way.
directional valve body shown.
(8) Apply sealing compound to threads of screw (15).
Spool is installed with rack facing up.
(9) Install spool (16) in bottom directional valve body (17).
(10) Install preformed packing (18), end cap (19), and four
screws (15) on bottom directional valve body (17) with
(11) Apply sealing compound to threads of four screws (20).
(12) Install preformed packing (21), lever cap (22), and four
screws (20) on bottom directional valve body (17) with
(13) Install two backup rings (23) and quad rings (24) on
pinion seal (25).