16-59. M1089 EIGHT-BANK VALVE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
(76) Remove plug (105), setscrew (106), spring (107), poppet
(108), and relief valve seat (109) from valve manifold
(77) Remove preformed packing (110) from plug (105).
Discard preformed packing.
(78) Remove preformed packing (111) from relief valve seat
(109). Discard preformed packing.
Dry Cleaning Solvent P-D-680 is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves;
use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not
breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C).
Failure to comply may result in death or injury to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using dry cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry
cleaning solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical
attention. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection
or size requirements.
(2) Inspect all parts for nicks, scratches, burrs, pitting, and