(11) Remove spring (26) and yoke (27) from fifth wheel top
(12) Remove spring (28) from jaws (1).
(13) Remove two cotter pins (29), pins (30), and jaws (1)
from fifth wheel top plate (2). Discard cotter pins.
(14) Remove two lubrication fittings (31) from fifth wheel top
e. Top Plate Cleaning/Inspection.
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do
not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C).
Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry
cleaning solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical
attention. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 Kpa). Use only with
effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc). Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(2) Dry metal parts with compressed air.