13-46. M1088 FIFTH WHEEL ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
(3) Inspect control cam (1) for burrs, pitting, or corrosion.
(4) Inspect fifth wheel top plate (2) for cracks, pitting, or
f. Top Plate Assembly.
(1) Install two lubrication fittings (1) in fifth wheel top plate
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep
away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(2) Apply antiseize compound to two pins (3).
(3) Install jaws (4) in fifth wheel top plate (2) with two pins
(3) and cotter pins (5).
(4) Install spring (6) on jaws (4).
(5) Install yoke (7) and spring (8) in fifth wheel top plate (2).