13-46. M1088 FIFTH WHEEL ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
(12) Install identification plate (24), spacer (25), washer (26),
and self-locking nut (27) on stud (9).
Use care when installing springs. Springs
are under tension and can act as
projectiles when released.
comply may result in injury to personnel.
(13) Install connecting link (28), secondary lock handle (29),
and spring (30) in fifth wheel top plate (2).
(14) Install pin (31) in connecting link (28).
g. Top Plate Installation.
approximately 310 lbs (141 kgs). Attach a
suitable lifting device prior to installation.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
personnel or damage to equipment.
Step (1) requires the aid of an assistant.
(1) Position fifth wheel top plate (1) on subframe (2).
(2) Install two pins (3) in fifth wheel top plate (1).
(3) Install two bolts (4) and self-locking nuts (5) in fifth wheel
top plate (1).