13-46. M1088 FIFTH WHEEL ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
(12) Tighten two self-locking nuts (14) to 77-92 lb-ft (105-125
(13) Perform steps (5) through (12) on left side of fifth wheel
c. Top Plate Removal.
approximately 310 lbs (141 kgs). Attach a
suitable lifting device prior to removal.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
personnel or damage to equipment.
(1) Remove two self-locking nuts (1) and bolts (2) from fifth
wheel top plate (3). Discard self-locking nuts.
(2) Remove two pins (4) from fifth wheel top plate (3).
Step (3) requires the aid of an assistant.
(3) Remove fifth wheel top plate (3) from subframe (5).