26-9. M1089 ERECTION CYLINDER REPAIR (CONT)
(17) Remove preformed packing (21) and back-up ring (22)
from cylinder head (19). Discard preformed packing and
(18) Remove rod seal (23), buffer seal (24), and wear ring
(25) from cylinder head (19). Discard wear ring, buffer
seal, and rod seal.
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680 is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and
do not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent;
the flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F
(50°C). Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts
eyes, immediately flush eyes with eater and get immediate medical attention. Failure to
comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
If cylinder barrel fails inspection in Step (2)
stop inspection procedure and replace
erection cylinder assembly.
(2) Inspect inner walls of erection cylinder barrel (1) for
pitting, corrosion, or evidence of binding.