16-83. M1089 UPPER CONTROL VALVE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Both actuator assemblies are installed the
same way. One shown.
(29) Position seal (36), preformed packing (37), and retaining
plates (38) on upper control valve assembly (27) with
two screws (39).
(30) Install retaining plate (40), preformed packing (41), and
seal (42) on actuator assembly (43).
(31) Install actuator assembly (43) and valve cap (44) in
upper control valve assembly (27) with two screws (45).
(32) Perform steps (29) through (31) on remaining actuator
(33) Apply engine lubricating oil to two spring retainers, tube
stop, and spring.
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing.
Keep away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
Use care when installing spring. Springs are
under tension and can act as projectiles
when released. Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel.
(34) Apply sealing compound to threads of stripper bolt (46).
(35) Position linear valve (47) in vise.
(36) Install two spring retainers (48), tube stop (49), and
spring (50) on linear valve (47) with stripper bolt (46).