Apply lubricating oil to all preformed packings
and seals prior to assembly.
(22) Install washer (28), backup ring (29), and preformed
packing (30) on relief valve (31).
(23) Position relief valve (31) in upper control valve assembly
(24) Tighten relief valve (31) to 80-90 lb-ft (108-122 N·m).
(25) Apply engine lubricating oil to two spring retainers and
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off harmful
vapors, and are harmful to skin and clothing.
Keep away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
Use care when installing spring. Springs are
under tension and can act as projectiles
when released. Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel.
(26) Apply sealing compound to threads of bolt (32).
(27) Position control valve (33) in vise.
(28) Install two spring retainers (34) and spring (35) on
control valve (33) with bolt (32).