16-24. M1084/M1086 CROSS RELIEF VALVE REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Wear appropriate eye protection when
working under vehicle due to the
possibility of falling debris. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
(5) Install two preformed packings (8) on hydraulic motor (9).
Adhesive sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes.
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(6) Apply sealing compound to threads of four screws (10).
Step (7) requires the aid of an assistant.
(7) Install cross relief valve (4) on hydraulic motor (9) with
four lockwashers (11) and screws (10).
(8) Tighten screws (10) to 28-42 lb-ft (38-57 N·m).
(9) Connect hose (12) to fitting (3).
(10) Connect two hoses (13) to 90-degree fittings (7).