16-25. M1084/M1086 HYDRAULIC ORBIT MOTOR REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Cross relief valve removed (para 16-24).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 78, Appendix B)
Wrench, Torque, 0-175 lb-ft (Item 92, Appendix B)
Tools and Special Tools (Cont)
Goggles, Industrial (Item 28, Appendix B)
Sealing Compound (Item 76, Appendix C)
Wear appropriate eye protection when
working under vehicle due to the possibility
of falling debris.
Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
Remove two screws (1), washers (2), and hydraulic orbit
motor (3) from swing drive assembly (4).
Adhesive sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes.
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Apply adhesive sealant to threads of two screws (1).
(2) Position hydraulic orbit motor (3) on swing drive
assembly (4) with two washers (2) and screws (1).
(3) Tighten screws (1) to 40 lb-ft (54 N·m).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Install cross relief valve (para 16-24).
(2) Perform crane load test (para 16-31).
End of Task.