16-67. 30K WINCH VALVE MANIFOLD ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
(4) Remove insulation sleeving (5) from electrical leads (6).
Care must be taken when removing rectifiers.
Failure to comply may cause damage to
(5) Remove rectifier (7) from electrical leads (6).
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and
do not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent;
the flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F
(50°C). Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry
cleaning solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate
medical attention. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
(2) Check fittings (1) for cracks, corrosion, pitting, damaged
or worn threads, and obstruction to parts.
(3) Check plug (2) for cracks, corrosion, pitting, damaged or
(4) Check valve manifold (3) for cracks, corrosion, pitting,
damaged or worn threads, and obstruction to parts.