Do not use steel hammers to seat bearing
cups in drive yokes. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel or damage to
Check bearing cups to ensure all needle
bearings are in place prior to installation.
Replace bearing cups if needle bearings are
missing or out of place. Failure to comply may
result in damage to equipment.
Wipe end of yoke bearing bores prior to
(8) Position universal joint (9) on drive yoke (4) with two
bearing cups (10) and four screws (11).
Alternately tighten screws.
When correct torque is reached, bearing cap
screw small hex head will break off.
(9) Tighten four screws (11).
Grease must flow from all four seals. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.
(10) Apply lubrication to grease fittings (TM 9-2320-366-20).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Check differential oil level (TM 9-2320-366-20).
(1.1) Lubricate drive shaft universal joint and slip yoke (TM 9-
(2) Operate vehicle and check differential for proper
operation (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(3) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-366-10-1).
(4) Check pinion seal for oil leaks.
End of Task.