Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do
not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100° F (38° C) and for Type II is 130° F (50
C). Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using dry cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry
cleaning solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical
attention. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection
or resistance checks.
(2) Inspect connector (1) for continuity, damage, broken or
missing pins, or excessive wear.
(3) Inspect control valve body (2) for cracks, pitting, or
(4) Inspect solenoid (3) for continuity and resistance;
resistance should read 3-5 ohms.
(5) Inspect two springs (4) for maximum length of 2.20 in.
(6) Inspect speed sensor (5) for continuity and resistance;
resistance should read 540-660 ohms.
(7) Inspect two valves (6) for cracks, pitting, or corrosion.