(1) Clean all metal parts with Dry Cleaning Solvent and dry
using compressed air prior to inspection.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection or
size measurement requirements.
Replace armarture if continuity is present
(2) Check for continuity between splined end of armature (1)
and all commutator contacts.
(3) Check armature (1) for wear or damaged shaft splines.
Replace starting motor if continuity is present
from field coil to field ring or if field ring fails
(4) Check for continuity from field coil (2) to field ring (3).
(5) Inspect field ring (3) for cracks, pitting, or corrosion.
Replace link spool if surface is nicked. Failure
to comply may result in damage to equipment.
(6) Inspect plunger (4) for nicks and scratches.