Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
If cylinder barrel fails inspection, replace
outrigger extension cylinder assembly.
(2) Inspect inner walls of cylinder barrel (1) for pitting,
corrosion, or evidence of binding.
(3) Inspect two rods (2) for pitting, corrosion, or evidence of
binding around piston.
(4) Inspect two rings (3) for pitting or corrosion.
(5) Inspect two cylinder heads (4) for pitting or corrosion.
Apply lubricating oil to all parts during
Both rods are assembled the same way.
One is shown.
(1) Install buffer seal (1), two wear rings (2), preformed
packing (3), back-up ring (4), and rod seal (5) in cylinder