(10) Remove preformed packing (17) and back-up ring (18)
from cylinder head (16). Discard preformed packing and
(11) Remove rod seal (19), buffer seal (20), and wear ring
(21) from cylinder head (16). Discard rod seal, buffer
seal, and wear ring.
(12) Remove wiper ring (22) from rod (2). Discard wiper ring.
(13) Remove retaining plate (7) from rod (2).
(14) Perform steps (4) through (13) on upper cylinder.
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for Type I Dry
Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C). Failure to comply may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately
flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to comply may result in serious
injury or death to personnel.