25-5. M1089 TELESCOPIC LIFT CYLINDER REPAIR (CONT)
Dry Cleaning Solvent is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use only in
well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breath vapors. Keep
away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning
Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 138°F (50°C). Failure to comply may result in serious
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately
flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to comply may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
(2) Inspect all metal parts for uneven wear, pitting, or nicks.
Apply lubricating oil to all parts during
(1) Install nylon plug (1) in inner cylinder rod retainer (2).
(2) Trim nylon plug (1) even with threads of inner cylinder
rod retainer (2).
(3) Install dust seal (3) in inner cylinder rod retainer (2).