(13) Remove seal (9), preformed packing (10), and back-up
ring (11) from bearing (7). Discard seal, preformed
packing, and back-up ring.
(14) Remove dust seal (12) from cylinder rod retainer (3).
Discard dust seal.
(15) Remove nylon plug (13) from cylinder rod retainer (3).
Discard nylon plug.
Dry Cleaning Solvent is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breath
vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint
for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 138°F (50°C). Failure
to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts
eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to
comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts thoroughly with dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
(2) Inspect all metal parts for uneven wear, pitting, or nicks.