24-3. REAR AXLE DIFFERENTIAL CARRIER REPAIR (CONT)
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing com-
pounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
gets on skin or clothing, wash
immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(40) Apply adhesive sealant to shims (36) and mounting
flange of differential carrier housing (17).
A minimum of three shims must be
(41) Position shims (36), bearing cage (29), and pinion
drive (25) on differential carrier housing (17) with eight
washers (37) and screws (32).
(42) Tighten eight screws (32) to 44-55 lb-ft (60-75 N·m).
(43) Apply oil to yoke seal (38).
(44) Install yoke seal (38) on input yoke (33).
(45) Apply adhesive sealant to threads of self-locking nut
(46) Install input yoke (33) on pinion drive (25) with self-
locking nut (34).
(47) Tighten self-locking nut (34) to 920-1130 lb-ft (1248-