22-4. TRANSFER CASE HOUSING REPAIR (CONT)
(27) Remove plug (49) from transfer case cover (3).
(28) Remove preformed packing (50) from plug (49). Discard
(29) Remove plug (51) and two orifice plugs (52) from
transfer case cover (3).
(30) Remove plug (53) and orifice plug (54) from transfer
case housing (22).
(31) Remove two plugs (55) from transfer case housing (22).
(32) Remove two preformed packings (56) from plugs (55).
Discard preformed packings.
(33) Remove two dowels (57) from transfer case housing
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for Type I Dry
Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C). Failure to comply may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry cleaning solvent contacts
eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.