21-13. C3/C4 CLUTCH MODULE REPAIR (CONT)
(6) Remove five C4 reaction plates (12), friction plates (13),
and return plate (14) from C4 clutch housing (11).
(7) Remove four return springs (15) from return plate (14).
(8) Remove spring retainer (16) and clutch piston (17) from
C4 clutch housing (11).
Compressed air used for cleaning
purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa).
Use with effective chip guarding and
p e r s o n a l
p r o t e c t i v e
e q u i p m e n t
(goggles/shield, gloves, etc). Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
Clean all parts with a non-alkaline wash solution,
dry with low pressure air, and wipe clean with
lint free cloth.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection or
size measurements, as indicated.
(1) Measure thickness of four C3 reaction plates (1),
minimum thickness 0.095 in. (0.241 cm).
(2) Lay a straight edge across each C3 reaction plate (1),
maximum bend in reaction plate 0.016 in. (0.040 cm).
(3) Perform steps (1) and (2) for five C4 reaction plates (2)
and eight C5 reaction plates (3).