21-9. P2 PLANETARY CARRIER MODULE REPAIR (CONT)
(4) Inspect four spindles (3) for scoring, nicks, cracks,
burring, and corrosion.
(5) Inspect eight thrust washers (4) for scoring, nicks,
cracks, and burring.
(6) Measure thickness of eight thrust washers (4), minimum
thickness 0.057 in. (0.144 cm).
(7) Inspect eight roller bearings (5) for cracked or broken
cages, and pitting.
(8) Inspect four P2 pinion gears (6) for scoring, pitting, nicks,
burring, and missing teeth.
(9) Measure inside diameter of bushing (7), maximum inside
diameter 1.71 in. (4.34 cm).
(1) Install bushing (1) in P2 planetary carrier (2).
(2) Install two sealrings (3) on P2 planetary carrier (2).
(3) Install eight thrust washers (4), four roller bearings (5),
and pinion gears (6) in P2 planetary carrier (2) with four
Use care when installing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under tension and can
act as projectiles when released. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(4) Install indexing ring (8) and retaining ring (9) in P2
planetary carrier (2).