Step (4) requires the aid of an assistant.
(4) Remove clutch piston (4), outer sealring (5), and inner
sealring (6) from adapter housing (2). Discard sealrings.
(5) Remove plug (7) and strainer (8) from adapter housing
(6) Remove preformed packing (9) from plug (7). Discard
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves;
use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe
vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for
Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C). Failure to comply
may result in injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical
help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry cleaning
solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
Crocus cloth may be used to remove nicks,
burrs, or scratches.
(2) Inspect adapter housing (1) for cracks, nicks, scoring,