20-6. PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Oil control ring is to be installed over the
spring with the end gap joint 180-degrees
from oil ring spring.
(5) Install oil control ring (7) in bottom groove of piston
(6) Install No. 2 ring (8) in middle groove of piston crown (3)
with marking "UP-2" toward top of piston.
(7) Install No. 1 ring (9) in top groove of piston crown (3)
with marking "UP-1" toward top of piston.
(8) Rotate three piston rings (7, 8, and 9) until end gaps are
(9) Install two connecting rod cap bolts (10) in connecting
Do not lubricate back side of connecting rod
bearings. Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
Lubricate all parts with engine oil prior to
(1) Lubricate each cylinder bore (1) of cylinder block (2).