20-5. CRANKSHAFT AND MAIN BEARINGS REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Crankshaft weighs 130 lbs (59 kgs). Use
appropriate lifting device to lift crankshaft.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
personnel or damage to equipment.
Step (7) requires the aid of an assistant.
(7) Position crankshaft (4) on seven main bearings (1) in
cylinder block (2).
Note position of tabs on main bearings.
(8) Install No. 6 crankshaft main bearing cap (3) on
corresponding journal of crankshaft (4).
(9) Repeat Step (8) for remaining main bearing caps on
corresponding journals of crankshaft (4).
(10) Position 14 washers (5) and bolts (6) in seven crankshaft
main bearing caps (3).
When tightening bolts for rear main bearing,
slide cap as far forward as it will go (towards
front of engine) against its bolts to prevent
interference between crankshaft main bearing
cap and engine rear seal.
(11) Tighten seven bolts (6), on side with tabs, to 35-45 lb-ft
(12) Tighten seven bolts (6), on side without tabs, to 35-45 lb-
ft (47-61 N·m).
(13) Match mark each bolt (6) and crankshaft main bearing