16-84. M1089 LOWER CONTROL VALVE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Dry cleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for Type I dry
cleaning solvent is 100 ° F (38 ° C) and for Type II is 130 ° F (50 ° C). Failure to comply may
result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using dry cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical
help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes,
immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with
effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc). Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Thoroughly clean all metal parts with drycleaning solvent and dry using compressed air prior to inspection.
(2) Inspect all metal parts for scratches, gouges, nicks, burrs, or excessive wear.
Apply lubricating oil to all preformed packings
and seals during assembly.
(1) Install washer (1), preformed
packing (2), and
backup ring (3) on relief valve (4).
(2) Position relief valve (4) in valve (5).
(3) Tighten relief valve (4) to 80-90 lb-ft (108-122 N·m).