Use extreme care when handling heated
control valve and components. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
Use care when removing springs. Springs
are under tension and can act as projectiles
when released. Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel.
Do not overheat control valve.
valve begins to discolor, remove heat source.
Failure to comply may result in damage to
(30) Position control valve (50) in vise.
(31) Compress spring (51) on control valve (50).
(32) Apply heat to control valve (50) at threads of bolt (52).
(33) Remove bolt (31), two spring retainers (53), and spring
(51) from control valve (50).
(34) Perform steps (27) through (33) on remaining actuator
(35) Remove relief valve (54) from upper control valve
(36) Remove preformed packing (55), backup ring (56), and
washer (57) from relief valve (54). Discard preformed
packing and backup ring.