16-78. M1089 STIFFLEG ASSEMBLY REPAIR (CONT)
Note position of stiffleg bracket holes prior to
If replacement stiffleg cylinder is being installed,
it will be necessary to extend stiffleg cylinder rod
prior to installation.
Steps (8) through (12) require the aid of an
(8) Install two stiffleg cylinder brackets (12) on stiffleg
(9) Install stiffleg cylinder (13) in stiffleg (14).
(10) Position two plates (15) on stiffleg (14) with 12 screws
(11) Tighten 12 screws (16) to 105-115 lb-ft (142-156 N·m).
(12) Install cylinder retaining pin (17) in stiffleg (14).
Use care when installing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under tension and can
act as projectiles when released. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(13) Install two retaining rings (18) on cylinder retaining pin