16-78. M1089 STIFFLEG ASSEMBLY REPAIR (CONT)
Use care when removing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under tension and can
act as projectiles when released. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(15) Remove two retaining rings (35) and pin (36) from
spooler weldment (7).
(16) Remove cable sheave (37) from spooler weldment (7).
(17) Remove cotter pin (38) and pin (39) from 30K winch
cable (40). Discard cotter pin.
(18) Pull 30K winch cable (40) back through spooler
Spooler weldment weighs approximately
130 lbs (59 Kgs). Attach a suitable lifting
device prior to removal. Failure to comply
may result in injury to personnel or
damage to equipment.
(19) Remove eight bolts (41), washers (42), and tow chain
anchor (43) from spooler weldment (7).