16-74. M1089 LEFT LOWER ARM ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR
This task covers:
f. Follow-On Maintenance
M1089 Fold cylinder removed (para. 16-71).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 78, Appendix B)
Wrench, Torque, 0-175 lb-ft (Item 92, Appendix B)
Wrench Set, Crowfoot Ratcheting (TM 9-2320-366-20)
Press, Arbor, Hand Operated (Item 48, Appendix B)
Pliers, Retaining Ring (Item 44, Appendix B)
Rag, Wiping (Item 60, Appendix C)
Nut, Self-locking (Item 200, Appendix F)
Lockwasher (Item 145, Appendix F)
Grease, Automotive and Artillery (Item 35,
(1) Remove pin (1) from pin retainer (2).
(2) Remove screw (3), lockwasher (4), washer (5), and pin
(6) from left lower arm (7). Discard lockwasher.
Use care when removing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under tension and can
act as projectiles when released. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(3) Remove retaining ring (8) from lower arm retaining pin
(4) Remove left lower arm (7) from underlift assembly (10).