16-72. M1089 TELESCOPIC LIFT CYLINDER REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Left and right side telescopic lift cylinders are
removed the same way. Left side shown.
(1) Install preformed packing (1) on 90-degree fitting (2).
(2) Install 90-degree fitting (2) on telescopic lift cylinder (3).
(3) Tighten 90-degree fitting (2) to 40-42 lb-ft (54-57 N m).
Telescopic lift cylinder weighs approximately
225 lbs (102 kgs). Attach a suitable lifting
device prior to installation. Failure to comply
may result in serious injury or death to
personnel or damage to equipment.
Step (4) requires the aid of an assistant.
(4) Install telescopic lift cylinder (3) on underlift assembly (4)
with bushing (5) and pivot pin (6).
Use care when installing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under tension and can
act as projectiles when released. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(5) Install retaining ring (7) in cylinder end cap (8).
(6) Position pin locking plate (9) on underlift assembly (4)
with lockwasher (10) and screw (11).
(7) Tighten screw (11) to 105-115 lb-ft (142-156 N·m).