Left and right side of crossbar are assembled
the same way. Left side shown.
(9) Install pin (13) in crossbar (9).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep
away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(10) Apply antiseize compound to adjusting screws (14).
(11) Install adjusting screw (14) in mounting block (15).
(12) Position mounting block (15) in crossbar (9).
(13) Install pin (16) and latch pin (17) in mounting block (15).
Adhesive Sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes.
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(14) Apply sealing compound to threads of three screws (18
(15) Position adjustment block (20) and shim pack (21) in
crossbar (9) with three washers (22) and screws (18).
(16) Position three screws (19) in adjusting block (20).
(17) Tighten three screws (18 and 19) to 76-84 lb-ft (103-114
(18) Install two nuts (23) on adjusting screw (14) with two
spring pins (24).
(19) Perform steps (9) through (18) on right side.