16-65. 30K WINCH RELIEF VALVE REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Dry cleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves;
use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not
breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I dry cleaning solvent is 100 ° F (38 ° C) and for Type II is 130 ° F (50 °
C). Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using dry cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts
eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to comply
may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Replace any parts that fail visual inspection.
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or anti-seize compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(1) Apply sealant to threads of plug (1).
(2) Install plug (1) in valve (2).
(3) Install preformed packing (3) on tee fitting (4).
(4) Position tee fitting (4) in valve (2).
(5) Install preformed packing (5) on two fittings (6).
(6) Position two fittings (6) in valve (2).
(7) Tighten tee fitting (4) and two fittings (6) to 40-43 lb-ft
(54-58 N m).