16-64. M1089 30K WINCH DRIVE MOTOR ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
· Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves;
use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes; and do not breathe
vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for Type
I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C). Failure to comply may
result in death or injury to personnel.
· If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical
help. If Dry Cleaning Solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If Dry Cleaning
Solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect chamfered area of output shaft and all parts.
Use crocus cloth to remove any nicks, burrs, or sharp
edges that could damage shaft during assembly.
Lubricate all seals and preformed packings
with lubricating oil prior to installation.
(1) Install seal (1) in bearing housing (2) with lip facing up.
(2) Install backup ring (3) in bearing housing (2).
(3) Install seal (4) in bearing housing (2) over backup ring
(4) Press shaft and bearing assembly (5) into bearing