16-63. 30K WINCH ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do
not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C).
Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry
cleaning solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical
attention. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection
or size measurement requirements.
(1) Clean all parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect brake housing (1) seating surface for nicks or
(3) Inspect motor end support (2) seating surface for nicks
(4) Inspect brake shaft (3) inner spline and gear teeth for
burrs, pitting, or broken teeth.
(5) Inspect brake piston (4) for nicks, scratches or burrs.
(6) Measure ten friction disc plates (5) for minimum
thickness of 0.08 in. (0.2 cm).
(7) Measure nine brake drive plates (6) for minimum
thickness of 0.06 in. (0.14 cm).