16-62. M1089 CRANE LOAD TEST (CONT)
b. Static Overload Proof Test.
Static overload proof test is performed with a
test load of 125% of crane rated load on
Range Diagram for this boom extension and
The overload protection system
should prevent lifting of this test weight.
(1) Connect 13750 lb test weight (1) to hook (2).
If test weight is lifted refer to troubleshooting
to determine failure of overload protection
(2) Attempt to raise test weight (1) with hoist (3).
Hold manual override depressed until test
weight is raised.
(3) Depress manual override (4).
(4) Raise test weight (1) approximately 18 inches with hoist
(5) Release manual override (4).
Test weight will remain suspended.
(6) Depress manual override (4).
(7) Lower test weight (1) to ground with hoist (3).
(8) Disconnect 13750 lb test weight (1) from hook (2).
(9) Place crane power switch (5) to off.