16-53. M1089 SWING DRIVE ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
(46) Remove bearing (65) from hub (53).
(47) Remove two races (66) from hub (53).
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do
not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C).
Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry
cleaning solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical
attention. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection
or size measurement requirements.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect all parts for pitting, corrosion, scoring, and
indication of binding.
(3) Inspect inner stator (1) for thickness, minimum thickness
0.225 in. (0.57 cm).
(4) Inspect outer stator (2) for thickness, minimum thickness
0.118 in. (0.3 cm).
(5) Inspect two disc (3) for thickness, minimum thickness
0.210 in. (0.53 cm).
(6) Inspect six springs (4) for length, minimum length 0.938
in. (2.4 cm).