Adhesive sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes.
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention. Failure
to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(4) Apply sealing compound to threads of eight screws (5).
(5) Position LH drum end (2) on ring gear (6) with eight
washers (7) and screws (5).
(6) Tighten screws (5) to 168-192 lb-in. (19-22 N·m).
All three gears are assembled the same way.
One gear shown.
(7) Install two roller sets (8) and separator (9) in gear (10).
(8) Install gear (10) and two washers (11) in carrier (12) with
Use care when installing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under tension and can
act as projectiles when released. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
(9) Install retaining ring (14) on pin (13).
(10) Perform steps (7) through (9) on two remaining gears
(11) Install washer (15) in carrier (12).