16-51. M1089 GEAR SET REPAIR (CONT)
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and
do not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent;
the flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F
(50°C). Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If Dry Cleaning Solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If
Dry Cleaning Solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate
medical attention. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
(2) Inspect all parts for pitting, corrosion, or signs of binding.
(1) Install bearing (1) in LH drum end (2).
(2) Install seal (3) in LH drum end (2).
(3) Install preformed packing (4) on LH drum end (2).